Articles By & About
- If you really want to learn about my life and work, you can read my autobiography, which appears after the list of writings and such at this site.
- For those of you interested in writing children's picture books, check out my article in Suite101.
- My husband and I had great adventures in Scotland, and I wrote an article for our local paper about our experiences with castles. You can view it at Missoulian.com.
- We also visited the fascinating Mediterranean island of Malta; click here to see that article, which has lots of my photos.
- Interested in how Chocolate is Made in Hawaii? Read on!
- Art Workshop uses Nature as Inspiration
Article from the Missoulian describing the creative workshops I’ve done with my friend and colleague, artist Deborah Milton.
- Two Great Chocolate Recipes from my husband, Greg
- History Meets Zoology
In June, 2003, the bicentennial of the Lewis and Clark trail was well underway, and reporter Daryl Gadbow of the Missoulian inverviewed me about my three books exploring the Lewis and Clark Trail.
- Student Bio
A short bio written about me by Miriam Lombardozzi, a student in Billings, Montana, written after I visited schools there. I like the way she points out my feelings of connection to nature.
- Q&A interview
This interview from KidsBookshelf covers some fun information from my childhood.
- Interviewing the Experts
Download a PDF file of tips for writers on how to get the most from interviewing experts originally published in “The Writer” magazine.
- Nutty Buddy
The first food writing collaboration between myself and my husband for Relish Magazine about our friends Paul and Evonne and their macademia nut farm, with a fabulous recipe for Chocolate Macademia Nut bars--enjoy!